8 women killed in Yemen in air strikes by Saudi-led coalition

At least eight women and two girls heading home from a wedding have been killed in an air attack in central-west Yemen, a health official has told Al Jazeera.

Saba news agency, aligned with Yemen’s Houthi group, cited a security source as saying that the women’s vehicle was struck by three Saudi-led coalition air raids late on Saturday.

The attack reportedly took place at around 11 pm local time (20:00 GMT) in the Harib al-Qaramish district of the Marib governorate, east of the capital, Sanaa, where the wedding had taken place.

So far, the Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthi rebels has not commented on the alleged air attack.

Mohammad al-Sheab, head of the health bureau in Marib, told Al Jazeera that the victims were all from the Haysan family. He said the women were between 30 to 50 years old, without providing an age for the two girls.

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *