At least 11 including nine passengers shot dead in Noshki attack

In Local
April 13, 2024



QUETTA:

At least 11 people, including nine passengers, were shot dead in Balochistan’s Noshki after unknown attackers opened fire on a bus and abducted travellers. 

More than a dozen attackers opened fire on a bus after it failed to stop at a roadblock on the Quetta-Taftan N-40 Highway, said Deputy Commissioner Noshki Habibullah Musakhel confirming the casualties.

 

He added that the bus overturned after coming under fire and four people sustained injuries. The attackers then abducted nine passengers and fled towards the nearby hills. The bodies of the passengers were later found under a nearby bridge. 

Musakhel elaborated that the FC and local law enforcement agencies have initiated a search operation following the incident.

Read Two killed in targeted drive-by shooting

Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti condemned the incident and said that the culprits behind this inhumane act will be held accountable.

He added that those involved in such cowardly attacks will be chased and punished.

“The enemies of peace are enemies of the country, the purpose of terrorist incidents is to sabotage the peace of Balochistan, but the state will play its role,” said Bugti.

The minister extended his condolences to the families of the deceased and vowed to hold the culprits accountable.

In a similar attack earlier, a passenger bus travelling from Peshawar to Parachinar in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s Hangu came under attack by unidentified assailants last year, resulting in the death of two passengers and leaving four others injured.

According to local police, the bus was en route to Parachinar when it was targeted by armed individuals within the jurisdiction of the City Police Station.

As a consequence of the firing, two passengers lost their lives on the spot, while six sustained severe injuries. The wounded were promptly transferred to DHQ Hospital Hangu for immediate medical assistance.

District Police Officer (DPO) Nisar Ahmed Khan visited the hospital, expressed condolences, and said that a search operation to apprehend the perpetrators has been initiated.

 

Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.