A three-member special bench of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Thursday disqualified Khawaja Asif as a member of the parliament under Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution, read with section 99(1)(f) of the Act of 1976.
- PTI’s Usman Dar files petition against Asif in 2017
- Says Asif did not declare his job in UAE, salary in the 2013 nomination papers
- Asif contends before court that he declared AED50,000 as foreign income in papers
- IHC reserves verdict in the case on April 10
- On April 13, SC rules disqualification under Article 62 (1)(f) is for life
“We declare that the Respondent [Asif] was not qualified to contest the General Election of 2013 from NA-110 as he did not fulfill the conditions described under Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution, read with section 99(1)(f) of the Act of 1976,” reads the judgment.