PCB refutes FICA’s claim of PSL payment delays

In Sports
March 27, 2024


The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has refuted FICA’s claim of PSL payment delays, asserting that there has never been a delay in player payments in the league’s history. 

Usman Wahla, the PCB’s director of international cricket operations, stated that all players have been paid on time in all nine seasons of the PSL. 

“There is no – and never has been – any delay in player payments in any of our nine [PSL] seasons… we have written to FICA to rectify this in their document,” Wahla told ESPNcricinfo.

The league’s contract terms ensure prompt payment, with 70% of the fee disbursed within seven days of arrival in Pakistan and the remaining 30% within 40 days of the final match. 

This rebuttal comes after The Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations reported payment issues across various franchise leagues, including the PSL, over the past two years. 

The PCB previously denied any payment issues in the PSL, even when Australian player James Faulkner withdrew from the 2022 season, alleging contract non-fulfillment.



Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.