MAKKAH (Web Desk) – Saudi authorities have refuted claims that Qatari pilgrims have been stopped from entering the Grand Mosque in Makkah to perform Hajj rituals, reported Saudi Gazette.
According to the Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, at least 1,633 Qatari pilgrims have performed Umrah since June 4. It has asserted that the directives of the Kingdom’s leadership emphasize providing services and facilities to Umrah pilgrims from all countries including brothers from Qatar.
“The Kingdom confirms its commitment and keenness to provide all facilities and services to Qatari Haj and Umrah pilgrims,” an official source said earlier this month as quoted by the website.
Besides this, the pilgrims have also termed the allegations as baseless.
Brig. Gen. Dr. Muhammad Al-Minshawi (retired), former director of the Criminal Investigations Department in Makkah, said, “Saudi Arabia is proud to serve visitors and pilgrims of all categories and nationalities as per the administrative regulations. It deals equally with all pilgrims without any discrimination. All worshipers are equal whatever their nationality.”