Three wanted terrorists surrendered to security forces: Saudi interior ministry

JEDDAH: The Saudi Interior Ministry confirmed on Monday that three men from a list of 23 wanted terrorists have surrendered to security forces.

Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki said that Ali H. Al-Zaid, Ramzi M. Al-Jammal and Mohammed Al-Lubbad, all Saudi citizens, gave themselves up to the security authorities.

Al-Turki said their voluntary surrender would be taken into consideration, and that they will be treated according to the laws in force.

It emerged on Sunday that two of the men had surrendered in Qatif in eastern Saudi Arabia, with confirmation of a third man has given himself up coming later.

The ministry warned of grave consequences for anyone sheltering, hiding or offering any kind of assistance to wanted criminals.

Only three fugitives are still at large from a list of 23 terrorists issued in 2012. They are Salman A. Al-Faraj, Fadel H. Al-Safwani, and Mohammed H. Al-Zaid.

The ministry had already renewed its call to the rest of the wanted fugitives to surrender and called upon anyone with information about them to inform the authorities.

Sheikh Mohammed Al-Ebidan, a former judge in the Court of Endowments and Inheritance in Qatif, called upon terrorist groups to give themselves up, refrain from carrying weapons, and answer the call of Eastern Province Gov. Prince Saud bin Naif.

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *